We work to offer you a high quality of service whilst committed to running our business and private lives as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Energy usage continually monitored. Use LED and long life bulbs. All radiators with individual temperature controls. A rated kitchen appliances. Dry laundry outside when possible.
- Hippos fitted to toilet cisterns to save water useage. Water butt in garden, the water used to water plants and fill bird baths.
- Public transport timetable links on our website. Timetables on site. Members of Visit Scotland Walkers and Cyclists welcome schemes. Have details of local bike hire, cycling and walking guides and maps. Also details of wildlife trails and possible viewing points. Members of RSPB, SSPCA and Natural Trust. Nature books and magazines on hand including SNH quarterly publication.Other books including local history available.
- Eco-friendly laundry and cleaning products used. Use where possible recycled paper products.
- Recycle whatever possible at kerbside and recycling points. Ink cartridges sent to RSPB or SSPCA. Books, clothes, bedding, furniture etc. put to local charity shops. Used bulbs and batteries taken also to recycling point for disposal.
- Shop local. Local butcher delivers meat and eggs. We buy local fruit when in season. If we cannot get local we look for Scottish produce. Artwork throught property by local artists. Fairtrade products used including teas, coffees and Hot Chocolate.
- Garden plants include those insect and bird friendly. We attract butterflies, bees and bumble bees in summer. Bird feeding area under apple tree in back garden along with bird baths. We make guest aware of best places to see wildlife.
- Our onsite Green File and bedroom folders give fuller information for our guests including a visitor charter.
For enquiries and bookings
Margaret & Angus Noble
Web site © 2005 - 2018 Margaret & Angus Noble and The Internet Guide to Scotland
Not to be reproduced without permission.